what a splendid Idea...yes a splendid Idea indeed! :)

I shared this on Facebook 8-22-11!

A 47-year-old Austrian man gave away his entire $4.7 million fortune after concluding that his wealth and lavish spending were keeping him from real life and happiness. Karl Rabeder told the Daily Telegraph (London), “I had the feeling I was working as a slave for things I did not wish for or need. It was the biggest shock in my life when I realized how horrible, soulless, and without feeling the ‘five-star’ lifestyle is.” His money now funds charities he set up to help people in Latin America.

Almost a year later and we have paid off over $26,911.71 worth of DEBT! and it all started with a little Jeep Liberty. A lovely silver job...with heated seats. A RADIO! power everything...I now roll around in a beat up 4-runner with torn seats, back windows that roll down...but do NOT roll up and a radiator that is very very unhappy most of the time..oh and NO radio! but I do have Cora's singing from the back seat and FINANCIAL PEACE! I bid you goodbye. Goodbye high payments, goodbye insurance....13,000.00 worth of debt. peace OUT! I amputated the JEEP! woo hoo Can't wait to give ya'll an update Next August! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage

7- The Book Club