Self Pity by D.H. Lawrence


I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.


did you see G.I. Jane? loved it. I did. but what stuck with me was this poem. I wonder if it hit people in the gut like it did me? 2 sentences.


The other thing that stuck with me was the part where she shaved her head. Yes. stuck like glue. for years I have wanted to do just that. And I did! What a glorious experience to just take the guard off and shave it! :) fun. You should try it. It's liberating. It's scary. It's silly and it's fun. guess what. My head is NOT cute like Demi's ! oh well. you won't find me wallerin' in self pity!


right here is the part where ...you can't chicken out!

Hair she is! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage

7- The Book Club