I am an almost retired..."resenter"

wrote this one back in 08/11
ahhh yes. the struggle with resentment.

 resentment is a cover up word for hate.
 you are supposed to love your neighbor.
 I struggle with that. so now I shall embark on a two week pray-a-thon. I will get back to ya on how it works. I know praying blessings on a difficult person works. It worked with my Dad. stay tuned...
08/12- pray-a-thon did not FIX it...but it did make the situation better. The best lesson I learned is that I can't control the person that irritates me. I can control my reaction!


I can also set up healthy boundaries and not LET them in my sandbox...catch my drift?


Resentment
"If you have a resentment you want to be rid of, if you will pray for the person or the thing you resent, you will be free. If you will ask in prayer for everything you want for yourself to be given to them, you will be free. Ask for their health, their prosperity, their happiness, and you will be free. Even when you don't really want it for them, and your prayers are only words and you don't mean it, go ahead and do it anyway. Do it every day for two weeks and you will find you have come to mean it and to want it for them, and you will realize that where you used to feel bitterness and resentment and hatred, you now feel compassionate understanding and love." 1952AAWS, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 552 .
Stay cool ya'll...this is itty bitty Cora...back when she sat nicely on a little pink blankie and played all day!
God Bless Ya'll,
Tracy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

7- The Book Club

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage