Joy and Peace

A while ago I asked my friends on Facebook to give me a go to scripture. I was weary, burdened, my heart hurt and my emotions were so very low. Over 25 friends took time to respond and in no particular order I am meditating on the scriptures that they shared and also praying for them at the same time. 

So first will you join me and pray for my friend Krystle . Lord again we lift Krystle and her sweet family up to you. I ask that you keep them safe and that their life be filled with love and laughter. I praise you for Krystle hearing that small still voice and offering me a Word from our  Lord in my time of need.  I thank you for her faithfulness and prayers. Amen.

 OK, so Krystle suggested Psalm Romans 15:13.

May the God of hope fill you with all  joy and peace as you trust in him,  so that you may overflow with  hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Tracy Translation and Breakdown provided with wisdom from my good old Webster's dictionary. 

a little throwback to Webster's 


Joy- a very glad feeling. great pleasure. delight to enjoy. 

Peace- freedom from disturbance. freedom from disagreement. undisturbed state of mind. serenity. calm and quiet (when I asked Cora to describe peace to me she said calm and quiet ) :) 
I love to take pictures of my feet up. This rarely happens. 

Trust- firm belief or confidence in the honesty , integrity, reliability, justice etc. of another person or thing. FAITH

Power- to be able. the ability to do . capacity to act. capability of performing or producing.

Holy Spirit- the third person of the trinity. spirit of God. 

I pray to be filled daily with gladness and pleasure and delight. May today be free from disturbance, disagreement and be a gathering of moments of serenity. May my state of mind be one with the will of the Lord. I pray to have  a firm faith in the honesty, integrity, reliability and Justice of our Father. 
Caught a quiet Moment this mornin' between Pop and Cora (note their arms are the same position) 

May the spirit of God overflow within me, giving me the ability to do all things through Him that strengthens me. May I be able to perform my duties as a daughter, sister, Mother, and friend in a way that mirrors the way of the Lord. May hope abound today and the Angels rejoice as we celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ. 

amen. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage

7- The Book Club