Failing and loving it.

A while ago I asked my friends on Facebook to give me a go to scripture. I was weary, burdened, my heart hurt and my emotions were so very low. Over 25 friends took time to respond and in no particular order I am meditating on the scriptures that they shared and also praying for them at the same time. 

So first will you join me and pray for my friend Donna  . Lord  we lift Donna and her sweet family up to you. I ask that you keep them safe and that their life be filled with love and laughter. I praise you for Donna hearing that small still voice and offering me a Word from our  Lord in my time of need.  I thank you for her faithfulness and prayers. Amen.

 OK, so Donna suggested: Psalm 73:25-26

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73: 25-26




Heaven: place of great beauty & pleasure. the place where God and his Angels are. 

desire: to wish or long for , a request

fail: fall short, to be unsuccessful in obtaining a desired end. 

strength: the power to resist, toughness, durability, strong source of support


We must remember that importance does not lie with Earthly things- our answer is in Heaven with God and the Angels. Eternity is much longer than this hot minute we are spending on Earth. Daily I tend to rely on myself and get disappointed when I fail and fall short of personal goals or something does not work out to my self satisfaction. What I do not realize is God is in charge. God has a plan and it's NOT MY PLAN. 


I often can be heard saying Life is what happens when you make plans. or my favorite: Rejection is God's protection. So I need to remember that there is a positive side to "failing"! 




I am often asked, "How can you be so strong in this difficult time in your life? I say I am weak but He is my strength. He instills in me the power to resist self doubt. He supplies me with protection and support to survive these earthly battles. I am not winning. God is winning. 




amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

7- The Book Club

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage