Cheer up

A while ago I asked my friends on Facebook to give me a go to scripture. I was weary, burdened, my heart hurt and my emotions were so very low. Over 25 friends took time to respond and in no particular order I am meditating on the scriptures that they shared and also praying for them at the same time. 

So first will you join me and pray for my friend Sandy . Lord again we lift Sandy and her sweet family up to you. I ask that you keep them safe and that their life be filled with love and laughter. I praise you for Sandy hearing your small still voice and offering me not one Word but two scriptures from your Book Lord in my time of need.  I thank you for her faithfulness and prayers. Amen.
 OK, so Sandy suggested Psalm 31:24


Be Strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

definitions
strong- morally powerful. having strength of character and will. Intellectually powerful. Able to think clearly.

take heart- to consider seriously. cheer up.to have more courage and confidence.

hope- desire accompanied by anticipation. trust. reliance. to want very much. to trust and rely.

So this scripture , when busted down Tracy-style with a little help from Webster's Dictionary states:

Tracy, have strength of character and will. Tracy be intellectually powerful. Tracy you must be able to think clearly.

Tracy Translation: CALM DOWN GIRL-GOD'S ALL OVER THIS.

Tracy, you must have hope in the Lord. Tracy , go out and have that desire accompanied by anticipation of what is to come! Tracy, Just trust there is more than this momentary trouble. Rely on the Lord. Tracy, continue wanting so much more than THIS world has to offer. WE must trust and rely completely on the Lord. Not just what our doctors friends or spouses say.

The Lord is our Father, our companion and our guide in life. The Bible is the ultimate say as to what we do and how we act. Eternity is ours.

How will you spend your time on Earth?

In the Hope Bucket or in the Worry Bucket?

amen.
I'm choosing HOPE.

Comments

  1. Hope, it's what's on my calendar, and what's in my heart. Hope for what's to come, not what's already happened, or even what's happening now. Hope, it does a body GOOD. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage

7- The Book Club