Be still or flip-flop . The choice is yours

A while ago I asked my friends on Facebook to give me a go to scripture. I was weary, burdened, my heart hurt and my emotions were so very low. Over 25 friends took time to respond and in no particular order I am meditating on the scriptures that they shared and also praying for them at the same time. 

So first will you join me and pray for my friend Ashley . Lord today we lift Ashley up to you. I ask that you keep her sweet family safe and that their life be filled with love and laughter. I praise you for Ashley hearing that small still voice and offering me me a  scripture from you  Lord in my time of need.  I thank you for her faithfulness and prayers. Amen.

 OK, so Ashley suggested Exodus 14:14

The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still.

Still- quiet, silent, stationary, motionless, calm
 



When I struggle the last thing I want to hear is be still.

Yesterday as I was on Lake Hernando fishing.  I caught myself telling the bass I had hooked: Be still buddy, let me get this hook out and you can be free. He flipped, he fought me, he spun around wildly.

 
Finally I grabbed hold of him and held him firm and unset the hook and gently lowered him in the water free and delivered from the hook that had snared him.


Ain't that just like us?  God will do all the work if we just STOP flippin' and floppin'. All He asks in return is for us to be motionless, calm down, be quiet and take a breath.

Be stationary.
Be present.
Just breath.
In and out.
Some days that is all we can do.
Just breath.

The Lord will overcome our obstacles by speaking to us in a still small voice.
If you are spinning out of control it's more difficult to catch.
If we are moaning and groaning we will miss it.
Pray and talk to the Lord.
Pray for others.
Just pray.

I know for certain if you just be still he will FREE you and set you back out to continue on your way.


Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

7- The Book Club

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage