Day Two of Food. Prayer + adoption blessings!

Well the family survived day 2 of 7. :) We had a big blowup around lunch time and I will admit that at 12:10 pm yesterday I was ready to QUIT. DONE. Finished!

But you know what. I went into my bedroom. I prayed. I repented. I apologized to my husband for wicked mean words I spoke. We accepted each other and forgave. and we ate. together. a very yummy lunch! :)

So after nap time I woke up and found one email from our Bethany Christian Services Social Worker and one voicemail from her as well. Then the bonus. A voicemail from a social worker in Norfolk. Let me tell you that I love how God works. I LOVE HOW GOD works.

We began our adoption journey in September 2011. We have been viewing MANY profiles of children available in the state of VA. We have prayed. We have people praying for us! :)
We have put our lives on hold in many ways preparing for this moment. And just when we were about to self-implode about spinach and chicken. BAM. God answers prayers.

I really have nothing to say about day 2 except that God works a fast track with the Niles Family! and I appreciate my God and my family beyond measure!
Have a blessed day ya'll,
Tracy

Comments

  1. I only briefly saw something on Facebook about the Summer of 7, but I admit I don't know much more than that. Your day one of this challenge (is that the right word?) had me seriously cracking up - sorry, it's the truth. And day two - priceless, just priceless. I'm a mom of two adopted boys. I understand. You'll probably never look at spinach and chicken the same again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chele ,
      I do believe that in a normal setting our family is nutso anyhow! But with this new spiritual fasting CHALLENGE. yes that is the perfect word. we are completely upside down. Crazy town just got a bit more loony! thank you for laughing with me? at me? well just thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this because it IS SO TRUE, And just when we were about to self-implode about spinach and chicken. BAM. God answers prayers. God's never early, but never late and usually right on time in the big fat middle of our mess. Blessings girl. Yeah God. Yeah you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. right in the middle. I LOVE it! well said. thank you Alene!

      Delete
  4. Awesome. We are starting day 2/7 right now and the kids just came down asking for b'fast. Ugh. Love that God answered your prayers and excited to see what happens on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now on day 8. coffee withdrawals are over! :) Praise God! the food is getting easier and I have been doing a bunch of freezer cooking....so when this is over we will have choices. Makes me happy to be so blessed to have so much!
    you are in my prayers Leslie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

7- The Book Club