Day ONE of 7 foods...

I woke this morning and walked in the kitchen. Oh yeah. NO coffee. Day one of 30 coffee-less days. To the computer I go...I sit and read God's word. I managed to watch with blurry eyes both of my bible study videos...I am currently doing a Psalm Study with Wendy Pope! I also have my hand full of studying the Proverbs 31 Woman! Very nice humor my Lord has!
Breakfast was simple! Boiled Eggs, Wheat Toast and water...in a coffee cup! :) I had a delicious apple and really felt at peace. I feel like this is a great time to start surrendering. my WHOLE self to the LORD...inch by inch...I move closer!
All household chores were complete by 9am! geez. not having coffee to sit with and creep on facebook sure saves me a boatload of time! :) and then it happened...my first meltdown.
My favorite Quote from today: WHERE ARE my CROCS. snapped. just like that. total freak out.
Went out the back door to hang laundry on the line P31 style...went to slip on my outside shoes (pink crocs)  and BAM. they are gone! Insert growl and wonky eyed glare here!  I automatically started to interogate my 5 year old cherub...we searched high and low. NO Crocs.
Off I go to find my cell phone and call culprit number two! The Husband. 5 rings. 6 rings. He TOO is doing the Summer of 7 with me...no coffee makes man slow to open cell phone.
Bryan: hi
me: Did YOU MOVE MY CROCS????????????????????????????????
Bryan: yes they are in the ga....
me: WHY , WHY did you move them. I have been looking all over blah blah blah blah.....
Bryan: Tracy, I put them in the garage so they would not get wet with dew. Stepping in wet shoes is gross. I was doing you a favor.
me: well, um, OK I found them. bye.

nice start to making more room for the Holy Spirit eh? jeez.

Then to roll through my morning at mach 80 speed: I held my 7 book club. I brewed coffee for a couple of the ladies, while baking Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookies for the church bake sale. Yes. I have flipped my wig.

Lunch was wonderful . I just adore avocados...well today I do! My husband laughed at our lack of condiments and got the giggles...I think 7 has done him in on day ONE!  on to nap. YES WE nap! the child naps and so do we. WE are old . we tire out easily! :)

Then we woke. I woke with a low throbbing sensation...all over my Head! yikes. caffeine withdrawals had moved in...not the Holy Spirit. so I cheated. and I made my hubbie cheat too! we had two glasses of ice tea. sucked them down like maniacs. I am frugal. could not let that tea go to waste. Popped some ibuprofen and powered on.

Dinner was much the same as lunch. delish and simple. My daughter asked for more spinach? what? She ate 3 boiled eggs...wait 4 throughout the day. She eats them like they are chocolate. it's gross. yuck. o and we cheated at dinner. it was necessary. I steamed the last of the broccolini. it's too expensive to give to the blasted guinea pig.

The day has us both reflecting on HOW much we have! people are starving and right up the street are 24 hour buffets. Ironic...today we had seven choices of food. delicious, nutritious food . Some have one choice. or NONE. I pray that I continue through this journey with open mind, eyes and ears to hear what the Lord will share with me.

Day one down. 29 to go..I did NOT get voted off the Island today! :)

Praise HIM!
God Bless,
Tracy

Comments

  1. You crack me up! Love you guys to death. So very thankful that you are in our lives. Also, so very glad to have someone in my boat for 7!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Melissa, it's gonna be a great boat ride! :)

      Delete
  2. wow - day one is never fun!!! Drinking water out of a coffee cup sounds like torture to me. Hang in there girl. By day three I loved the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hanging! :) I just feel like my coffee cups may feel neglected if I don't use them! :)

      Delete
  3. I want to be kept informed of your blog I think it is GREAT! I am not supposed to have caffeine very allergic to it but I am also addicted to it what I fine helps with the withdrawal headaches is making your own tea with herbal tea bags. I use 8 bags per gallon mixed with 1 and a half cups of sugar. Then because it is hot I put it in the freezer which helps it get cold faster leave the tea bags in the pitcher until you are ready to drink it makes for a stronger taste. Also you can get decaffeinated tea bags as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, you can subscribe by putting your email in up top of the blog. any new posts will come to your inbox! :) thank you . I am not drinking anything but water right now. except for the cheat glass of sweet tea yesterday. ! thanks for the tip!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

7- The Book Club

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage