Book Club met for the first time on Monday. Two are ALL in...one is pregnant so food will not be on her agenda, and one is on the fence. Two more ladies coming in the next 3 weeks. This will be a GREAT mix! Different women...different results!
Here is the author's website: Jen Hatmaker
As for me I shall commence month one of 7 on : drum roll please.......June 11. Gotta get my grocery list right.
After much thought and prayer and reading...I went with the author's list of food items:
here they are.
just when I was doubting myself and my choices AND my ability to do this! God sent affirmation. In the form of an email! From Harris Teeter! does He do that to you?
- Chicken- ON SALE buy 2 get 3 free! done!
- Sweet Potatoes- ON SALE...I love my God's sense of humor
- APPLES- ON SALE! love it!
- Spinach- My husband has a guy at work begging him to come get spinach out of his garden...turns out the guy plants a HUGE plot! and he is overrun! Bonus!
- Bread...well I happen to run the bread ministry at church...so 2 times a month I can get a loaf or two for free. Bread is a gimmee!
- Eggs- love my brown eggs. I can buy them anywhere in Chesapeake from some friends LUCKY enough to own real live chickens!
- Avocados- the only true budget buster will be Avocados...but after reading the health benefits of the awesome avocado I will take the hit! :) Why Avocados Rock
But this is a fast. Less of me...More of YOU LORD! I am brave. I will blog. I will cry when there is cake available. It's going to be interesting. Perhaps my fat clothing will start fitting again! :) you were supposed to laugh! Pray for me!
The best part is my husband Bryan said he would join me on this month! I am very excited! The kids will not partake. This is for me to look inward and hear the mighty voice of God. Can't wait to share what I hear with YOU!
God Bless ya'll!
Enjoy the HOP