Just Show Up...

A few weeks ago I asked my friends on Facebook to give me a go to scripture. I was weary, burdened, my heart hurt and my emotions we so very low. Over 25 friends took time to respond and in no particular order I am meditating on the scriptures that they shared and also praying for them at the same time.

So first will you join me and pray for my friend Sharon . Lord we lift Sharon and her sweet family up to you. I ask that you keep them safe and that their home be filled with love and laughter. I praise you for Sharon hearing your small still voice and offering me a Word and a song of worship for my time of need. I thank you for her faithfulness and prayers. Amen.

OK, so Sharon suggested  Psalm 91:


Psalm 91 New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 91

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save you
    from the fowler’s snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
    nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
    and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
    and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
    no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
    you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.
and then she shared this worship music with me: take a minute and enjoy
 
When you believe in the Lord you need not worry- no harm will come to you . He commands angels to guard you. Because I love the Lord, He will rescue me in my time of need. He will protect me. He will be with me in troubled times. He will deliver me from evil. I will be blessed with a long life and God's salvation.
 
I pray to dwell in the shelter of the Lord, to just rest in his shadow. I now am reminded and content with knowing he is my refuge. He will save me and not allow me to be harmed. I have trudged through a season of illness, loss, death, sadness and depression, and I always knew I was not alone. Not in a physical sense but a spiritual sense. This Psalm backs up the feelings I had. Many times I wanted to throw in the towel and quit. Ye the Lord raised me up and had me slowly place one foot in front of the other and continue to show up for life. Psalm 91 encourages that. Show up , just as the Lord shows up.
amen. God Bless.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage

7- The Book Club