I kneel before the Father...

A few weeks ago I asked my friends on Facebook to give me a go to scripture. I was weary, burdened, my heart hurt and my emotions we so very low. Over 25 friends took time to respond and in no particular order I am meditating on the scriptures that they shared and also praying for them at the same time.

So first you join me and pray for my friend Barb . Lord we lift Barb and her sweet family up to you. I ask that you keep them safe and warm during this winter season and that their home be filled with love and laughter. I praise you for Barb hearing your small still voice and offering me a Word for my time of need. I thank you for her faithfulness and prayers. Amen.

OK, so Barb suggested  Ephesians 3:14-21
New International Version (NIV)

A Prayer for the Ephesians

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

I SHOULD kneel before the Father. I pray to be filled with His strength and power to fill me during this difficult time.
I pray that in my faith Christ will dwell in my heart.

I am positive that I have NO idea how wide and long and HIGH and DEEP Christ's love is for me. I will never know how much He is able to do. I know sometimes I try too hard to do it on my own. It's time to step back and look at all God's handiwork.

 If He can pull off a sunset He can handle my life.

If he can make it 70 one day and snowing the next he certainly can handle my prayers.

If He created my beautiful children HE created me to be a light in the world as well!


His works are just that. HIS works...NOT mine. He's got this.


May He dwell in my heart and protect me forever and ever. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage

7- The Book Club