God = Comfort

A while ago I asked my friends on Facebook to give me a go to scripture. I was weary, burdened, my heart hurt and my emotions we so very low. Over 25 friends took time to respond and in no particular order I am meditating on the scriptures that they shared and also praying for them at the same time.

So first will you join me and pray for my friend Kathy . Lord we lift Kathy and her sweet family up to you. I ask that you keep them safe and that their home be filled with love and laughter. I praise you for Kathy hearing your small still voice and offering me a Word in my time of need. I thank you for her faithfulness and prayers. Amen.

OK, so Kathy suggested  2 Corinthians 1:3-7:

Praise to the God of All Comfort

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.


Wow the word comfort appears nine times in these four verses of scripture. I imagine the reader would agree that God = Comfort. How quickly we forget God and His infinite comfort when we are Uncomfortable. Yet here it definitely says if we share our sufferings we need to share our comforts as well. Don't just complain. But go to great lengths to comfort others. Lift them up. Brighten their day! For soon you may be the one in need. It's the Old Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!
In Her Dad's Arms


 Imagine, everyday we get to plug into The God of all Comfort, The Father of Compassion.
But...with that comfort comes the responsibility to share. Give back.
Big Brother comforting a sad little sister
So comfort is there for the taking. You need only to remember to sit and rest with the Lord. I forget this all the time. I must go go go....but then I miss out on his grace and mercy. It's often hard for me to ask for help, accept kind words and comfort from others. But there is a time and a place that we must stop running and accept the blessings. I am learning this....slowly!
God sends comfort through our four legged companions too!


just for today remember: God = Comfort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

7- The Book Club

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage