What's in it for me?

wrote this one back in July 2011.


  • Before: I wanted to know if I did something what was in it for me?
  • After: give until it hurts and then give some more.
 I now choose to be the hands and feet of my God. I serve others. Not myself. giving freely feels good. and I sometimes enjoy the shock factor. ;)

meditation relocated from AA.

To be self-supporting through my own contributions was never a strong characteristic during my days as a practicing alcoholic. The giving of time or money always demanded a price tag.
As a newcomer I was told "we have to give it away in order to keep it." As I began to adopt the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous in my life, I soon found it was a privilege to give to the Fellowship as an expression of the gratitude I felt in my heart. My love of God and of others became the motivating factor in my life, with no thought of return. I realize now that giving freely is God's way of expressing Himself through me.
Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.


Above is a picture of food collected at my daughter's birthday party...instead of presents people brought food for the food pantry. Just another way to give back.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage

7- The Book Club