How do you do it?

How do you do it?

dusted this old writing off from: July 26, 2011
People always ask how do you do it? They say you are so strong. I say no you are wrong.

I don't do it and I am weak. I did not quit drinking. God took the urge to drink away from me simply because I could not do it. I had tried and tried and failed many times. It was at that moment that I believe he said. "Well, I guess I am gonna have to do this for you so you can move on girl."

I was stuck. And he pulled me out of the mire (sp?) He had bigger plans for me and my propensity for getting stuck repeatedly was really getting on his nerves. so he took the wheel. end of story. That's how it happened. In my weakness he stepped in.

"Hallowed be Thy Name." What does that mean to us? Here "name" is used in the sense of "spirit." The words mean praise to God for His spirit in the world, making us better. We should be especially grateful for God's spirit, which gives us the strength to overcome all that is base in our lives. His spirit is powerful. It can help us to live a conquering, abundant life. So we praise and thank Him for His spirit in our lives and in the lives of others.
just moi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage

7- The Book Club