Weary? Burdened?

A week ago I asked my friends on Facebook to give me a go to scripture. I was weary, burdened, my heart hurt and my emotions we so very low. Over 25 friends took time to respond and in no particular order I am meditating on the scriptures that they shared and also praying for them at the same time.

So first would you join me and pray for my friend Monica. Lord we lift Monica and her sweet family up to you. I ask that you keep them safe and warm during this winter season and that their home be filled with love and laughter. I praise you for gifting me with Monica and her awesome husband as friends. Thank you Jesus, Amen.

OK, so Monica suggested Matthew 11:28

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

The Lord will give me rest. All I have to do is go to Him and He will GIVE me rest.

What is it to rest in the Lord? Is it to literally lie down? slow down? or press into His Word? Perhaps it is to set yourself apart and be with him daily, or go on a retreat, or even that 5-10 minutes that you set aside to be just with him in the morning or the evening.

It's hard to say but there is much peace to be experienced in the presence of the Lord and sometimes sitting still and being with Him can provide that peace and rest we need so much. To simply quiet your mind, listen to a devotional, read a short bit of scripture. Anything to get a word from the Lord to set upon your heart.

This week was a time for me to hear: don't give up. Keep going, press onward and upward much like these blades of grass in the snow. 
It has taken everything in my power some days just to stand in the Lord, much less walk anywhere. My feet and heart were heavy this week. This has been a season of loss and all who encounter me say...REST. Rest in the Lord. Why can't YOU just rest?
So ...what does resting in the Lord mean to you? Leave your answer in the comments section.
Have a blessed day and pray for those who must endure these cold temperatures. amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage

7- The Book Club