I'm Rolling with My 2x4






As I continue to fast from Social Media, I am still finding a need to share the little things I love in life. 



I call this my fancy horse charcuterie board. I have a knack for seeing the unseen and the humor in it all. I simply dug in my husbands scrap lumber for a board. Why? I was tired of cutting apples on my truck bed with the liner grooves and all. It was simply a way to avoid chopping off a finger instead of chopping up an apple. 

We have a horse that is on the mend and we visit the barn daily. This sounds effortless and awesome to the un-horse people. But it truly is not as glamorous as it seems. 

As difficult as the last month and a half has been worrying about this horse and it's needs, I would not trade it. There have been nights with blowing wind and head lamps, beautiful 75 degree days and all the weather in between. This Fall has thrown us basically all the weather curveballs at once! 

The roller coaster ride of weather trickled over in a roller coaster of horse health and diagnosis' that meant antibiotics, anti-inflammatory meds and numerous other special needs! 

I will say through it all the horse has been a good horse. I am very thankful for that. 

Back to that 2x4. It was in the scrap bucket that my husband was using while working on the structures out at the barn. Horse dad's always end up doing horse things...but secretly my Husband loves doing carpentry surrounded by horses. Literally standing over his shoulder with curious faces and wide eyes. 

To see the beauty in something thrown away as trash is a quality that I learned from my Dad. There is a use for almost everything if you can see it in your head! 

So out of all the boards, wide, long, short, fat, I chose that one. It fits two apples perfect. It stays in the bed of my truck faithfully awaiting it's next visit to the barn. 

I may not have a "house" charcuterie board, but it's gonna be okay. A Charcuterie board is just cold cuts on the fancy side, am I right? 



What I do have is two horses that knicker each time I roll up and they let me hug their warm necks and hide my face under their long manes. I have a girl that rides with me every time to go see her horse as they are soulmates. I have a husband who loves us and our horses and EVERYONE else's horses too. He has never met a horse he did not like.


Keep that fancy board, I'm rolling with my 2x4.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

Bulldogs, Guinea Pigs and Courage

7- The Book Club