Fluff , Fold , Deliver... Part II

In my last blog, I told you all ...to be continued. 

here's the recap: I wrestled with God in a BK parking lot. I did not win. I was in the midst of doing a bunch of laundry. 


there, you are caught up. 

So they gave me two full totes. They had not done laundry since last November. I put much care into folding, fluffing, repairing and spritzing love into these clothes. I wanted them to have some "home" smell on them. I tuck in a FAT sharpie, for good sign making! 




8 hours later all was clean and it was time to go deliver. We tucked in extras, warm socks and beanies we are not using. I washed my prized Carhartt jacket to offer to him. ( He did not need it, someone had given him one already! )  I don't work for men and women, I serve Jesus. This was me preparing to deliver to Jesus. I purchased one set of silverware for each, one plate, one bowl and one glass. I wrapped them lovingly in cloth napkins that I am always collecting. I include some dishwashing soap, a towel and sponge. "home" things. 

Bryan and I packed up and prepared to run to the hotel. It's the same old same old. Run down, overpriced rooms, mean management, children peeking out closed curtains. These two run down to see us. They are excited. We drop and run. But first I ask one question: is that ALL the socks you have. He says yes. But we held back a pair to wear while you were washing.  Bryan says: He looks just like Zac ( our son) . I agree. Later in the week, Cora would meet him and say the exact same thing. 

Later that day, I text and ask their sock sizes. I also ask him, if he would mind me getting him a good pair of shoes. I explain New Balance are the only type of shoe that I purchased for clients back in VA. A few days later he requests black ones. One time a man stopped and gave him Jordan's. He was ragged on by passing cars for wearing shoes , expensive nice ones. I tell him , we will keep it low key. 

My new friend has a solid scar from neck to lower back, from back surgery when he was a teen. He took a fall off a 2nd story balcony. The story stops there. There is a shame in his eyes I recognize in my own some mornings in the mirror. His back hurts all the time. The shoes are a necessity. If you can , please donate : you can try our Amazon Wishlist to purchase gift visas for me to use to purchase them. OR you can Paypal me: @TracyNiles  or Venmo  me direct @Tracy-BartonNiles . Please note I am NOT a non profit. I am a person helping persons. 

I received some of the items from the wish list already! Thank you! I actually was wrapping my daughter's birthday presents so I decided to wrap their items. Wrapping for Jesus. Not to be confused with "rapping" for Jesus! :) haha!  They ran to their room, we waited outside, but could hear paper ripping and joyful shouts. It felt like Christmas. God breaks my heart with these little moments. 

We see his bike is out. We offer him a ride... quietly from the back seat he tells us that the socks are really, really nice. What can we say? It's silent. He see's a sign for a local builder. He says the name quietly. Then tells us that his Dad lives in VA, near a new neighborhood developed by that same builder. His Dad has his own struggles. We nod and listen. He works, but can't help his son. 

We know how this is. I think many people are hand to mouth right now. He thanks us for the ride. We go do our shopping and check on him after. He is doing ok, BUT a Woman with a small boy has set up one corner down. He said that they pulled up next to him, offered him $4 to get off their corner. He is nearly in tears. He saw the children. So do other people. He is not going to make the room tonight. I say a quiet prayer. I can't control this. 

We wish him well and we drive home. 

Later, he texts me, and tells me half an hour after we left, they left the corner and he was able to get enough for the room. I cry again. I cry a lot lately. But just for tonight, they are good. Clean clothing and a room. 


























 


 

Comments

  1. My daughter (and son-in-law) you make a Mama so proud... and Jesus even more!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10, 9, 8, 7...BLASTOFF!

7- The Book Club

Day Two of Food. Prayer + adoption blessings!